Key Facts about the Bakubung Platinum Mine
• The Bakubung Platinum Mine will have a life span of 30 years.
• At steady state production, the mine will produce 420000 koz 4E per year of Platinum Group Metals
• The project has a highly favourable 4E prill split - Platinum 62.4%, Palladium 28%, Rhodium 7.4% and Gold 2.2% (combined reefs, LOM)
• The main shaft will have a hoisting capacity of 250 000 tonnes of ore per month.
• The first blast of the mine ventilation shaft took place in July 2012.
• Main commissioning of the mine is scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2018.
• Full production will be reached in 2021, two years earlier than originally planned
• Once full production is achieved, the Bakubung Platinum Mine will employ 3135 people.